Wednesday, February 7, 2007

4D Ultrasound

We had a 4D ultrasound last week. It was so cool. Of course, we had one with Ryley as well, but I just forgot how fun it was to actually "see" your baby, instead of a black and white "I think this might be a face" picture. The techs kept saying what a beautiful baby he was. I don't know how they determined that since he mostly looked all squished up in there. They also said he has some hair. Wahoo. Babies with hair are so cute.
The baby is doing great and is right on track for growth. During our first ultrasound they found a little cyst on the fluid collecting part of the baby's head. We were happy to find out that it is now gone. What a blessing.
Ryley has been sick these last few days. I figured it was just a cold, but since she has had a slight fever since Sunday, I decided to take her in this morning. I am glad I did because they found she had an ear infection in both ears. Poor baby. She has been whiny and clingy and just not her happy little self. I hate when babies are sick and they just don't know what is wrong with them.
On a happy note, a new episode of "Lost" is on tonight! YEAH!! It has been off the air since November! So, to celebrate I am making peanut butter popcorn. It is the best snack to have for a movie or good tv show. The recipe is super easy. Here it is:
Boil together a 1/2 cup brown sugar and 1/2 cup light corn syrup. Take off heat and stir in 1/2 cup peanut butter and 1/2 tsp. vanilla. Pour over 2 batches of popcorn (I like it over just 1 batch) and enjoy! Oh, and I just use the light microwave popcorn.

0 comments: