Monday, May 11, 2009

Confessions of a Tired Mom....

***I got tired of pushing my kids on the swing, so I taught Ryley how to go on her stomach (she still wants me to push her).

***I put leftover Valentine candy in my kids Easter baskets this year.

***I let Ryley play on the computer while I take a nap.

***I make my kids meals that only take 30 seconds-1 minute.

***I wear my workout clothes for more than half the day.

***We have leftovers for dinner at least twice a week.

***I go to the bathroom to "get away", but even that doesn't work.

***I dream of vacations to Hawaii and Caribbean cruises.

***I get tired of breaking up my kids fighting, so I tell myself I'm helping them be "tough."

***I vacuum around my kids toys on their floor.

***I give them otter pops and tell them to go play outside.

***I have big bins for their clothes so I don't have to fold them. Come on! What's the point of folding a 2 year old's clothes anyway!

***I go to the grocery store, even if we don't need anything, just so we don't have to stay home all day.

2 comments:

Hans and Laurel said...

Jill this is the best!! It is so true and I love it. It is so funny because we are all like this but not everyone will admit it. There are times when Hans and I will be laying on our bed saying "We are horrible parents - we should be giving our kids some attention instead of letting them watch TV so we can rest" but you know....we all need some rest from time to time.

Connie said...

I love it!! I would have to confess right along with you on so many of those. I love that you wrote that down. I may should do the same. Did it make you feel better about doing them?? LOL You are an amazing MOM!! Sure miss you guys.